Sunday, April 18, 2010

why dubai?

It's been two years, one month and 12 days since I came to Dubai. I left the Philippines armed with confidence, high hopes and excitement over my newfound independence. Back in 2006, my cousin and her husband left for Dubai in search of greener pastures. I asked my then-boyfriend if he had plans of working abroad. He said no. I told him I am toying with the idea of working abroad just to experience what it's like to be out of my comfort zone. I let the plan pass. Me and then-bf were having a rocky relationship which eventually led to our break up. I wanted to recover from the break up so badly that I told my cousin to sponsor my visa ASAP. I didn't go in 2007, though. I was able to process my papers and eventually go to Dubai in March. 2008.

I can't believe that I endured two years in a place I initially scorned for the heat, the smell and everything that spells STRESS. I had adjusted in my two years of living here and I can say I got used to almost everything quite well.

Allow me to share some of my other experiences in the next posts. Welcome to my blog. =)

No comments: